account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

password to decrypt storage

Emperor
Message 81 of 182
Message 81 of 182

Re: Enter password to decrypt storage

@vkrysh

What happened when you try to repair your phone with PCC? 

Have you unlocked the bootloader? 

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 82 of 182
Message 82 of 182

PCC does not detect the phone. Incase u press the volume key and connect the phone, PCC detects the phone but as soon u leave the volume button and click on the support zone on PCC, the phone is switched on and again PCC doesn't detect the phone.
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 83 of 182
Message 83 of 182

How about if you factory reset the phone with either MyXperia or Android Device Manager? 

myxperia.sonymobile.com

www.google.com/android/devicemanager
Rookie
Message 84 of 182
Message 84 of 182

I shall try both and get back.
Thank you!
Forum Legend
Message 85 of 182
Message 85 of 182

Please note for this procedure your phone must be switched of which may help in your phone been detected and back working

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Rookie
Message 86 of 182
Message 86 of 182

I hv already tried this my friend, its not helping me.
Commissioner
Message 87 of 182
Message 87 of 182

@vkrysh

Try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2697277

Remember, this will completely wipe all the data from your phone.

AG
One time poster
Message 88 of 182
Message 88 of 182

My phone shows Type password to decrypt storage, help what should i do?

My phone shows Type password to decrypt storage,  help what should i do?

Forum Legend
Message 89 of 182
Message 89 of 182

Re: My phone shows Type password to decrypt storage, help what should i do?

Did you encrypt your phone? if not then is it possible someone could have done this without you knowing? however as a last resort to fix this you would need to perform a system repair

Performing a system repair using PC Companion - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data so best to backup before you begin

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adept
Message 90 of 182
Message 90 of 182

Xperia M shows password to decrypt Storage

My Xperia M showing password to decrypt storage.. Tried Sony PC Companion,SUS and even tried flashtool ..nothing working..please help me guys//

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost - J. R. R. Tolkien (1882-1973)