account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

overheating

SOLVED
Message 11 of 25
Message 11 of 25

Re: overheating

Probably the phone material emits that smell,the plastic body(or just back panel),I am not sure.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 12 of 25
Message 12 of 25

okk  thanx for your help, i will try visiting nearest sony care ...

Message 13 of 25
Message 13 of 25

Ok,keep us updated.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 14 of 25
Message 14 of 25

Xperia M heating problems C1904

Team,

Need your help in this. I bought a new Xperia M Single SIM yesterday. Looks like it is heating a lot at the back side just below camera whenever I use it for few mins on a call or use internet for sometime.

Is this normal ? I did not xperience such issues in my old phones

Please advise ?

Thanks

Nagaraju

One time poster
Message 15 of 25
Message 15 of 25

172.000 google hits on XPERIA overheating.

That says, stay away from XPERIA until SONY fixed this, if they can.
I almost bought one the other day but luckely my habit of always google first saved me.

One time poster
Message 16 of 25
Message 16 of 25

Ya I just got my cousin an xperia m dual too. Within a week he started complaining of heavy heating near the sim slot. The heat can be obstrusive while using the phone coz even the screen is getting hot, makes it difficult to have a phone conversation. 

And this heating doesn't occur after heavy usage either. Just watching a video for five minutes or browsing for few minutes and it begins to overheat. 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

can this heat destroy my 32gb class 10 memory card???
im sure temperature must b 60 degree Celsius at least
Visitor
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

I bought xperia. Z1.....week ago and it getting. Hot while gaming. And surfing... And every time notification. Of cpu getting. Hotter need to cooling. Down...occur....what is this...?
One time poster
Message 19 of 25
Message 19 of 25

Regarding the issue I have already visited at sony center but thay suggest me that you are using some such application that why phone is overheating.

thats bad I am using some application like watsup, messanger and some games andI have to use becozsmartphone isnot likea simple phone for calling and messaging.

Kindly suggest me ASAP now these days m facing lot of problem.

Regards,

Zubair Khan

Rookie
Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

Dont worry, its normal for all phones. Dont think this happens only in Sony phones. i have experienced this in other brands too including apple.

However, I am using Sony phones for last 7 years n Xperia M for last 11 months.

Reasons: 1) Sony phones performance is always a winner and having very powerful hardware for high performance.

2) Processor is placed exactly under Sim slot position. which transfers heat through body which transfered to atmosphere around the area of sim slot.

3)  Phone design is premium n very light in weight thats best part for a phone, i cant feel weight of phone in my pocket thats great, but for such design material for phone is designed according to it so that CPU heat transfer can be felt.

If it gets overheated beyond limits, i think u might get notice and ofcorse phone cant be damaged itself, it turns off automatically if heat goes beyond limit.

So just enjoy the performance with no worries.