account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

internal memory consumed by gallery thumbnails

epn
Learner
Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

internal memory consumed by gallery thumbnails

In my phone a large amount of internal memory is consumed by gallery thumbnails(about 750 mb).android app clean master is not effective.what should I do to get release this bulk memory????
19 REPLIES 19
Demigod
Message 2 of 20
Message 2 of 20

Re: internal memory consumed by gallery thumbnails

Hi there,

You need to delete the thumbnail folder and save your memory. Thereafter Andrioid will create a new thumbnails.

Connect your phone to a computer > DCIM > thumbnails > and delete all

or

Delete the thumbnail folder using Astro File Manager(for example) > \mnt\sdcard\DCIM\ .thumbnails > delete all and restart the phone.

Cheers.

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.  A. t. G. (356BC - 323BC)

Message 3 of 20
Message 3 of 20

Follow the suggestion above.If it keeps occuring,remove the file thumbnails... and make a new folder with the same name.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

And how is it possible my .thumbnails is 2.48 GB big ?
Thanks
Message 5 of 20
Message 5 of 20

It could be all the thumbnails from all your photos on the phone.But do try what I suggested,remove the file and create a new folder with the exact same name.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 6 of 20
Message 6 of 20

First of all thank you for the quick answer.
I deleted the folder, but it doesn't seem to have any impact on the phone's storage..
And I don't know how thumbnails works so it seems qui strange to have a 2.5 giga folder on a 2.05 giga phone.
And it refuses to create a .thumbnails folder (using ES)
Message 7 of 20
Message 7 of 20

Try androzip.After you delete thumbnail file,create the folder and restart your phone.

Regular
Message 8 of 20
Message 8 of 20

I still can only create a non-hid (with a dot) thumbnails folder, which I think is useless..
And in fact I may have win ~100 mb, which is a good news because I'm always running short in storage
Thanks for your help though!
Message 9 of 20
Message 9 of 20

Go to settings-apps-all-media storage,force stop and clear data.Restart your phone.It should scan your whole media again.

Inhabitant
Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

my phone and even computer cant read my data (photos) after i force close media storage and restart my phone? please help me TQQQQ