account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia M showing 800Mb of RAM instead of 1GB

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Xperia M showing 800Mb of RAM instead of 1GB

My Xperia M is showing RAM as 800 MB, but in all the specifications it's mentioned as 1 GB.

Is sony giving false information to the customers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: Xperia M showing 800Mb of RAM instead of 1GB

This thread should answer some of your questions

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-arc-Xperia-arc-S/Actual-RAM/m-p/89814/highlight/true#M7902

Don't forget to give Kudos 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

part of RAM its not user accessible, that's why you only see 800MB 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

This thread should answer some of your questions

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-arc-Xperia-arc-S/Actual-RAM/m-p/89814/highlight/true#M7902

Highlighted
Talent
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Please do look at all other makes also before you doubt Sony.  Which other brand gives you the complete ram mate??? Industry standard is to reveal the total RAM capacity and not the user available RAM. Same with internal memory.

However, if you keep your phone switched off i guess you will have the full 1 gb ram available. How you access it is your lookout tho Slightly smiling Face