account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia M not working through USB cable at all

One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Xperia M not working through USB cable at all

I have a Xperia M C1904. I have been attempting to connect it to my laptop for the passst week, with no success. I have tried the Xperia Companion, have tried USB debugging mode, tried different cables, etc.

The laptop will not even acknowledge that a device is plugged in, no Windown sound detecting a new USB device, not under Linux with a device list, nothing.

I'm running Windows 7 and Linux Mint dual-boot and have tried both OSes.

I'm looking to flash a new rom to this old phone via ADB / FastBoot and seem to have to use ADB first to install TWRP.

If there's an alternative way to install a rom without a USB cable, I'd love to hear it.

I'm about to try to build a bootable SD card to see if that can finally boot TWRP to flash this thing.

I know the USB port itself is perfectly good, it'll read a USB thumb drive on a USB OTG cable. That tells me the port itself is not bad with a busted data pin or something.

I'm hoping others outthere have had this problem before and know the solution.