account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

When are we getting the latest update?

Adept
Message 491 of 662
Message 491 of 662

kitkat update

new 4.3 update is not nice,, only themes are supported,,remaining all bugs,,volume bar is blank,, battery drains very fast,, notification panel still no changes,,please update m dual to 4.4 kitkat
Adept
Message 492 of 662
Message 492 of 662

Re: kitkat update

There has been no announcement of Kitkat for the Xperia M, although there is an unofficial version floating around. You're better off just using the previous version. They may fix 4.3 at some point.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 493 of 662
Message 493 of 662

Re: When are we getting the latest update?

I want android l for xmd just because of project volta( it improves battery life)
Adept
Message 494 of 662
Message 494 of 662

unable to download xperia M update.

I am unable to download the update in my laptop using pc companion.tell me how can I manualy update?

One time poster
Message 495 of 662
Message 495 of 662

android version

is sony xperia m dual has upgradable to kitkat

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 496 of 662
Message 496 of 662

Re: android version

Spratap, try http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/ or check update center app which is in yr phone Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 497 of 662
Message 497 of 662

Re: android version

Sai991289, at this time is not any official informations about KitKat for Xperia M or Xperia M Dual Slightly smiling Face Some guys told here that they got informations from Sony support center, that will be KitaKat for Xperia M (i guest if will be for Xperia M, will be and for Xperia M Dual), but i talk with Sony support center too, they said they don't have any informations about that, coz is not any official informations from Sony yet too, it's just rumors i think and just need to wait from http://blog.sonymobile.com any official informations... Slightly smiling Face

Adept
Message 498 of 662
Message 498 of 662

@euphorics, bro I think that xperia m won't receive Kitkat....
Learner
Message 499 of 662
Message 499 of 662

Just today/yesterday the SP has a new firmware that's been certified over PTCRB > 12.1.A.1.207  Jul 14, 2014.

I suspect another bugfix is in the works for the M/M Dual too.

Rookie
Message 500 of 662
Message 500 of 662

Re: Problem in updating

re install your PC companion