account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

RE: Xperia M Dual Battery Charging Problem

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

RE: Xperia M Dual Battery Charging Problem

I'm from the Philippines. I bought by Xperia M dual sim c2005 last January 2014. Last January 2015 I went to Sony Repair Center where I bought this phone to update using PC Companion.

Recently, about 2 weeks ago, I used a different wall charger for my phone because my original sony wall charger was lost. I bought another USB Cable to be used as my charger, and then someone told me that this charger was GROUNDED already, since he borrowed it. Thereafter, someone lend me a new charger with the same usb adapter. Afterwhich, my phone drains too fast and it is not charging even if I used up to 2 or 3 different chargers for the same phone. Now I cannot use my xperia M because it is not charging beyond 10% anymore even if I left it for hours, it still doesn’t charge anymore. and in fact, it’s always notifying  a message like this: “The connected power source is not sufficient. The battery is draining faster than it is charging. Minimize your device usage while charging.” EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT USING MY PHONE WHILE CHARGING. Please help me I really need this phone to be normal. Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Genius
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Re: My battery gauge is tricking me?

Hi @jrb1203

Capacitors and resistors are electronic components and as a technician, don´t suggest you to touch the circuit if are not first prepare to do iso.

I would try to get a battery to replace and charge it with an original wall charger, to discard a problem on your motherboard device.

Best Regards.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
12 REPLIES 12
Master
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: RE: Xperia M Dual Battery Charging Problem

First of all, check this thread for tips on this: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/m-p/320375#U320...

If that doesn't solve the issues, I suggest that you try to repair the phone software using PC Companion..

Before repairing your device you may want to backup your information first. Check out this topic for more information on how to.
How to backup?

If the issue should still remain I think that this needs to be examined and fixed at a repair center. For more information about how to submit your phone for repair and where, contact your local support team.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Sir Samuel do you think this is a SOFTWARE PROBLEM?

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Hi

I hope the USB charging port is not damaged after using the different wall charger, you're talking about.

I don't know what might have gone wrong but I can just provide you with few suggestions to try.

Take the battery out and reinsert it again after 5 minutes and then try to charge your phone without switching it on and see how fast it charges. Do not switch on your phone ok ? just charge it as it is and see if it's able to charge completely.

Now if your phone charges well without any problem while it switched off, then switch it on and try to charge again and see how the charging proceeds. If it again proceeds really slowly then go for a factory data reset ( settings > backup and reset > factory data reset ).

After a factory data reset, try to charge your phone again and see how it goes.

Report it here.

Learner
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Hi Nabeel, thank you for responding and thank you for your advice.

I don't think that the USB port was damaged, because any wall charger that I use (which is however, capable) seems to work with the LED light appearing on the phone.

I tried charging it while it was switched off, but that doesn’t work even if I left it for hours. 1% for one hour. For a couple of hours, still 1%. ;(

I am doing everything that I have read in this thread. And it still didn’t work.

But can I ask you a question before doing a factory reset?

Does that mean that all my files, messages, and contacts in this unit would be deleted? I just want to be assured before doing so. Thank you very much Nabeel.

Master
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

It might be, to rule out software issues you should try to repair it via PC Companion.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Hi, Nabeel. Still not working Slightly frowning Face My brother said that this is a hardware problem, about the CAPACITOR and the RESISTOR? I really cant understand that but I believe there has to be a part that needs to be replaced. I am so worried that my unit wont be useful anymore since it doesnt work properly. Crying Face

Genius
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Hi @jrb1203

Capacitors and resistors are electronic components and as a technician, don´t suggest you to touch the circuit if are not first prepare to do iso.

I would try to get a battery to replace and charge it with an original wall charger, to discard a problem on your motherboard device.

Best Regards.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Learner
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Thanks xavinux. My phone is now okay, I already changed my wall charger. Thanks for all of you!

Genius
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Hi @jrb1203

Nice to hear that your problem has been solved!.

Best Regards.