account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone Stuck On Boot Screen Loop - HELP!

SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
Message 1 of 29

Phone Stuck On Boot Screen Loop - HELP!

Hello!

My phone, Xperia M is stuck on the Xperia Boot Screen (with the colourful waves).

This happened today after I downloaded and installed Xperia Foggy Theme from Google Play Store. I selected the theme and it successfully changed to Foggy but as I went to unlock the screen, to go back into the phone to check my notifications, the screen would not come on. I pressed the power/lock key many times and the screen would not come on.

I pressed and held the power button until the phone showed some sign of life and this is when the Xperia Waves appeared. I took the battery out and replaced it to force shut down the phone but the phone wont boot further than the Wave screen.

I have removed the sim card and memory card from the phone and plugged the charger in hoping this would help but nothing.

I have also tried to connect the phone to the PC Companion but my PC will not detect the phone as the phone wont switch on. So i cannot try the repair option on PC Companion. 

I have also tried pressing the Power Button and Volume Up Key until the phone vibrates but it does not do anything.

Is there anything else I can try to fix my phone? And will it be costly to get it repaired by Sony?

Please help! Thank you! Slightly smiling Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 29
Message 4 of 29

Re: Phone Stuck On Boot Screen Loop - HELP!

To perform a system repair

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)

Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

28 REPLIES 28
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2 of 29
Message 2 of 29

U can repair yr phone with Sony PC Companion or Sony Update Service when yr phone is turn off... Try it... It not helps bring to place where u bought,  if u have warrenty, it must cost nothing to u, if no - depents prices in yr country Slightly smiling Face

Message 3 of 29
Message 3 of 29

Thank you for your reply! I will try the PC companion with the phone switched off and see if it works! I thought it would not connect if it was turned off entirely Slightly smiling Face

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 29
Message 4 of 29

To perform a system repair

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)

Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 29
Message 5 of 29

TheOnlyPrincess, welcome, i hope it works, good luck... Let me know or everything will be fine after that Winking Face U just will restarting this why yr phone factory settings, so u lost yr stuff which is in the phone memory (if u don't have back up, do it if u can), but maybe better lost some things (if u can't do back up), neither lost phone... U must re-install phone software, so Sony PC Companion and Sony Update Servive is the good way to do that Winking Face Good luck Winking Face

By the way everytime u must turn off phone when u repairing yr phone with mentioned programs, just when u updating it u can turn on, but program still automatic shut dowing yr phone in update process... When u repairing, it doesn't matter when yr phone is turn off, coz program still detecting which model u repairing Slightly smiling Face So it's official and u can do that everytime than u have any problem like that, but problem is that, that u must set all yr settings again and u losing stuff which is in the phone memory Slightly smiling Face So always do or have back up of yr phone Winking Face

Message 6 of 29
Message 6 of 29

Thank you euphorics and Thommo for your help! I eventually managed to repair my phone via the procedures mentioned! PC Companion is a great tool!

My phone seems to working fine now! So hopefully it wont do it again - but if it does I now know what to do thanks to you both! Slightly smiling Face

Luckily I had backed up all my data yesterday and managed to restore my contacts and messages onto my phone. All my photos were safe and sound on my memory card.

I hope this thread can now be of use to anyone who encounters the same problem as I did Slightly smiling Face

THANK YOU!!! :smileysmileythumbsup:

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 29
Message 7 of 29

TheOnlyPrincess, welcome Winking Face It was pleasure to help you Winking Face Great that worked Winking Face U can write here if u need help everytime Winking Face

One time poster
Message 8 of 29
Message 8 of 29

Hey tell me
There is whatsapp folder in internal storage, which contains audio, photos etc,
Will it also be deleted by updating by pc companion,
I have also the same problem, i installed a theme, then suddenly,, it restarted and stucked at animated screens..

One time poster
Message 9 of 29
Message 9 of 29

Hai..!I have a xperia m dual,

The problem happened when i installed a new theme from play store. I selected the theme but it doesn't changed and the phone gets hanged, then i removed the battery and placed it again and switched on , then the SONY and XPERIA logo arrives and then colourful waves it is not booting after the waves.

Again  I replaced the battery and I pressed the volume up and power but its not booting further than the waves.

I have also tried connect the phone to the PC Companion but my PC will not detect the phone, as the phone wont switch on. So i cannot try the repair option on PC Companion. 

Is there any solutions to overcomr this problem.

Please help.!Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 10 of 29
Message 10 of 29

hi there, 

appreciate the info given for other use previously but i seem to be missing the repair option on my pc companion.