account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

OTG cable

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

OTG cable

Hey guys I am using Micromax's OTG cable with my Xperia M, is there going to be any problem in the future?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adviser
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Re: OTG cable

@ the_breed, thanks for your post. This confirms that I can use OTG with my XMD and I'm sure there won't be any issues using OTG.

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Problems such as?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Talent
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

does micromax have an OTG cable at all???? i guess you r referring to the charger/usb cable. Should do no harm at all i guess.

3t
Learner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

If it is high voltage consuming then it will charge your phone fast and you dnt have to worry it will not harm i guess.

Don't forget to give Kudos
Adviser
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@uliwooly problems like any clash with the software??
@basant actually i got it from micromax's funbook.
Adviser
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@ the_breed, thanks for your post. This confirms that I can use OTG with my XMD and I'm sure there won't be any issues using OTG.

Adviser
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

@zenvenky, (sigh of relief) thanks mate for your reply.
Talent
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

@the breed..the cable supplied with the M is used for both charging and usb connectivity to PC. Some cables available from other sources sometimes are similar and sometimes support only one of the two utilities. As far as the charger unit goes standard across manufacturers is normally 5V to 5.2 volt output which should be fine with the M. The mAh output varies from 500mAh to 1000 mAh. The higher this fugre the faster your phone battery will be charged. The Sony M charger supplied alongwith the phone is 850mAh and takes about 2 1/2 hours for a full charge from zero. Over 1000mAh output chargers, I would be a little apprehensive of using.

OTG cables all do not work with the M just as all headsets dont. Best to try it out and if it works then there should be no issue for further worry.