account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Lost the, swype the homescreen button to launch Google Now option after 4.3 jb update

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Lost the, swype the homescreen button to launch Google Now option after 4.3 jb update

After the 4.3JB update, my xperia m lost the option to launch Google now by swyping up the home screen button. After the restarting the phone I got the it back for some time, but then it was gone again.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adept
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Re: Lost the, swype the homescreen button to launch Google Now option after 4.3 jb update

If you want to try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AdrianCampos.swipeuputility it lets you choose what to do when you swipe up. I set it to nothing because I was constantly hitting it accidently.

9 REPLIES 9
One time poster
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lost the, swype the homescreen button to launch Google Now option after 4.3 jb update

I am facing same problem with xperia M
Apprentice
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Ya , I hope they fix it soon.
Adept
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

If you want to try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AdrianCampos.swipeuputility it lets you choose what to do when you swipe up. I set it to nothing because I was constantly hitting it accidently.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Actually I would like it back, because I think it's cool. None of my friends have onscreen keys, so they have always been fascinated by how I do it with ease.
Adept
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

That app will let you choose any program for the swipe, including Google.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Well in that case....... Thank You
Visitor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

After updating to 4.3 jellybean built 15.4.A.1.9
The long press home screen button option to get Google now has stopped working.
It happens after receiving a call
Visitor
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Is it a hardware issue or it is a software issue??
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I used to have that problem when i had indian version of the firmware on my phone.
Then, I flashed the global version of the firmware, and since then, this feature has been working perfectly for me.

AG