account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

App ops

SOLVED
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

App ops

Hey,

So I have recently updated my Xperia M to Android 4.3 build version 15.4.A.0.23. And in Security Settings I noticed a setting called app ops.

Now this is interesting. Cuz when Google released Android 4.3 this setting was not meant to be released to the public. But somehow this hidden setting came with the Xperia M Android 4.3 update.

Here are some screenshots of it:

App ops 1

App ops 2

App ops 3

Now I have 2 questions.

1. Did Sony enable this setting on purpose?

2. If the 4.4 KitKat update comes for the Xperia M, will this setting be removed?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Your sincerely,

rmahmud28

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: App ops

Sony released one more build after this.and App ops is removed in latest build.

So i think it was by mistake and they removed in latest build but it was nice to have that settings.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: App ops

Sony released one more build after this.and App ops is removed in latest build.

So i think it was by mistake and they removed in latest build but it was nice to have that settings.

View solution in original post