account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Lounge dead?

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Xperia Lounge dead?

Hi,

does anyone know why Lounge is not updating its content at all? I think this is happening for the past couple of months.. Have tried to clear data/cache, sign out and in again, gave all permissions but nothing...

No updates whatseover. Is it dead and we just do not know it yet? Does it show new content for the rest of you?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

Re: Xperia Lounge dead?

Hi guys, sorry for the late response here.

Xperia Lounge was decommissioned by the end of August 2019. For product information, please visit your local Xperia by Sony website, as @uliwooly mentioned.

I hope that answered your question!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

12 REPLIES 12
One time poster
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Hi! 

It's the same for me. No new content, news, competitions... 

Learner
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Same for me. Only have Home, Games and Entertainment to see. And they will only show on screen reading. Mine has been like this since purchase of Xperia XA Ultra on Jan. 6th 2019. 

Have scoured internet for fixes, info and a code to possibly use some of the perks of the Xperia line.

Probably last purchase of this brand. 

Apprentice
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Thank you both for your replies. Still, we are not enough of a sample. Slightly smiling Face

Anyone else? Or any Sony support member with an official statement?

One time poster
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Mine hasn't been updating ether Frowning Face what can we do? 

Adviser
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

No new content indeed here in Netherlands as well. Also no news on whether it has been discontinued. 

Learner
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

I am experiencing the same issues with the app that all of you seem to be having.

I bought an XZ3 in early April, and my only options within the app are Home and Entertainment (I live  in the USA). The app hasn't updated in Google Play since February 21, 2019, and the website for Xperia Lounge (https://xperialounge.sonymobile.com) shows the exact same content as what I can see within the app on my phone.

One time poster
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

No competitions on mine for months, only shows me the winners of the shaggy and sting meet and greet

One time poster
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

After the update I did this morning my theme I had was taken off so I jumped onto lounge and the only available option is entertainment which has a single post on it. The rest of the tabs are grayed out. 

One time poster
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

I think they've finished support for the app.