account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Failed to calculate hmac - xperia lounge

Apprentice
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: Failed to calculate hmac - xperia lounge

Hi Rickard,

Local team don't know what is wrong. Do you think if I were to do a complete factory re-set, this problem will go away? Is there any other solution? Surely Sony Engineers should be able to figure out why I am getting this error?

Many Thanks,

Apprentice
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

International team or local team both just not sure what happen..... Slightly frowning Face   

It is good on my Z3 but failed miserably on M5 Dual....  Just a simple error message and no one can solve it in Sony?

Screenshot_2015-09-15-11-14-06.png

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

I'm very sorry to hear that.

If there's an issue with offers or promotions in your market and your local support team are not aware of the issue they need to take your details, create a case for you and forward this case internally.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

Update!!!
I have received a new update for the lounge app couple of weeks ago. Which cured the 'you have already participated in this competition' error message. I can now take part in all new competitions and get 'your entry has been submitted' message. Also I no longer get 'failed to update hmac' message. However it's now replaced by 'cannot contact this service. Please try again' message. I have been in touch with Sony support, but have stopped receiving responses from them. Let's hope they are working on a solution.