account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Failed to calculate hmac - xperia lounge

Apprentice
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Failed to calculate hmac - xperia lounge

After downloading the latest android update on my xperia z3, I have started receiving failed to calculate hmac message on all xperia lounge offers. Is anyone else getting this error or know how to fix it?
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Failed to calculate hmac - xperia lounge

Try settings-apps-all-xperia lounge,force stop and clear data.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Thanks for your quick response. I tried the mentioned steps, but no luck. It still gives the same error. Any other ideas?
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

You can try to uninstall xperia lounge updates and update the app again.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sage
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Same problem in my Z1C lollipop version as well. But only when trying to accept offers (especially themes) marked in gold.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Hi Alexdon, I tried to uninstall updates and updated the app without cherry. It still comes with the same message. What else can I do to resolve this issue?
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Sorry,perhaps it is something local. @Rickard can you take a look?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Sorry to hear that you have issues with Xperia Lounge.

I've been testing this here on several phones but i can't find any issue so this may perhaps be a local issue. Have you been in contact with your local support team to see if they are aware of any issues?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Sage
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

I have asked local support team but they too don't know about it.
I have uploaded a video to show you about this error
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwz9z2MetYIAc0VVcXFYdndxLUU/view?usp=docslist_api

Adviser
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

i am also getting this on xperia lounge, i also contacted local support but they dont know what is this. so any one can help with this. my phone is z1 c6902.

second problem is when i use google account in xperia lounge to login i get gold account, while when i use xperia smartphone account i didnt get gold account, normal blue one appears. so what is this? can any one explain.