account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Chromecast not working today from PP app

Regular
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Chromecast not working today from PP app

Last night I claimed my 12 movies for buying a Xperia XZ phone. I used the Priviallage Plus app and watched one of the movies over Chromecast , so I know how it should work.

Unfortunately today I can not get any movie to start playing in the same manner, although movies playback on the phone display they will not cast. The chromecast session starts and then stops before playing anything, the blue cast logo stays on screen and the phone is in a pause state of playback, it just does nothing then.

If i swap over to Google Play movies and cast one of my Play movies from Google Play app, the chromecast session is quite normal. This means something wrong with the Privillage Plus app.

Please tell me why this is happening

4 REPLIES 4
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Chromecast not working today from PP app

Not to sure, perhaps it's due to a copy right restriction.
Regular
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

That's what is probably happening but it shouldn't. I have the rights to watch, the rights to cast, I did it last night, same movie today wont cast, all other movies wont cast

SONY knows how to ruin peoples experience with purchased ( or in this case free) video content.No one in their right mind would buy movies in a SONY eco system over the Google Play store because of the way SONY regularly fail to give a reliable experince with their crummy apps. This is perfect example, I have the rights to play but they find a way to crash my experience.

Regular
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Been in contact with Privallage Plus support team. They are really strugling to know whay this is happening. I would like other to comment please if you have the PP app and can confirm

Highlighted
Regular
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

They eventually fixed it, was nothing I did wrong.

See, the whole idea of making an app for the sole purpose of giving away free movies once is really quite bizzar as it can't possibly be front of mind for developers to keep on top of.