account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Can't update Lounge

One time poster
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Re: Can't update Lounge

I have exactly the same problem as the poster above.

Over the weekend I had to do a repair install of the OS after the microphone stopped working on my Z3. Since then, the Xperia Lounge prompts that it 'could not install' the 3.0.5 update.

I've followed all the tips above, including clearing the cache of Google Play Services. Nothing works and the error message reappears.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

One time poster
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Re: Can't update Lounge

I too had the same problem. Then I checked the version I already had installed and it is higher than the version trying to update. Therefore it wouldn't work. Check what version you are running to see if it is already higher than the update. You will have to look under the apps setting as the app itself doesn't have the info. Mine shows 3.1.7 with the update showing 3.0.5.