account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Can't update Lounge

Talent
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Can't update Lounge

As the title says, I can't update xperia lounge on my D6633.

I'm running latest rom but even though What's new is telling me that there's a new update for xperia lounge, it does not install. It downloads fine but doesn't install, and on every reboot I see the notification for the update.

HelP!

11 REPLIES 11
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Can't update Lounge

Hi MasterTB,

Are you able to advise if other apps are updating via the Play Store?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Emperor
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

@MasterTB

Do you have enough internal storage? any antivirus?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

No problems with any other app either from Sony or any other developer. Only Lounge is giving me this error.

Emperor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

@MasterTB

Settings > apps > all > xperia lounge > clear data uninstall updates > restart the phone > try again

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@MasterTB

What if you boot on safe mode and try again?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

What if you try to clear data for whats new app?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

No luck. Also clearing data on what's new app didn't work.

Uninstalled the updates and disabled the app, don't think I'll be using it... maybe later I'll try again, if I see the need, I'm in argentina and don't have any other sony devices so, no services to use either (for now), but thanks for the help.

Didn't try safe mode, the phone is working great in all other areas atm...

Emperor
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Keep us updated

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

I know this may sound irrelevant as other apps can update, I still suggest clearing the Play Store and Play Services applications, as Play Services is the core component that allows updates to occur.

Menu > Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Services > Clear Data

Let us know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.