account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Screen mirroring xperia l2

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Re: Screen mirroring xperia l2

@IACScor1 

this device doesnt have such feature, you can use chromecast or a smart TV

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

8 REPLIES 8
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Hi @IACScor1, let me see if I can help you out here. 

I need you to elaborate your question to be able to answer you. 

Are you experiencing anything regarding the screen mirroring? Or is the question in general? 

Let me know. 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hi, I would like to connect my phone to my TV 

Learner
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

The phone is xperia L2 and the TV is not smart TV but I have an amazon fire stick which has screen mirroring option. I used to have another android phone and was able to watch on the TV, but with this one I can't find the mirroring 

Learner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Also when I go to connectivity I try to cast but nothing showes. My husband has an Xperia XA2, and he can connect to the TV 

Emperor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@IACScor1 

this device doesnt have such feature, you can use chromecast or a smart TV

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

@IACScor1 

Just as @uliwooly are mentioning, Xperia L2 are not Wi-Fi Miracast certificated and therefore screen mirroring is not available. 

The setting that you have called "Cast" is if you have a Chromecast nearby in the same Wi-Fi network, with that you can cast the display to your TV. 

Let me know if there is anything else i can help you with.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I am experiencing a problem mirroring my sony Xperia L2 to my sony bravia KDL-40W 650D smart tv. The tv is wiFi certified. Can someone help me out on how to resolve this problem please. 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Hi @steve44, I'm sorry to hear that. 

As I mentioned before in this thread, Xperia L2 is not Wi-Fi Miracast certificated and therefore screen mirroring is not available. 

I'm really sorry to say this, but if you have any further questions, please get back to me!