account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone tracking

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Phone tracking

is it possible for a third party to track my phone. If so how can I stop it

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Phone tracking

@Carln1302

whenever you install an app, you get a pop up asking you if you grant permissions.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Phone tracking

Hi @Carln1302

Welcome to the community! 

As @uliwooly has said, when ever you install an app you will be asked to allow/deny permissions for that app. 

You can deny certain permissions when prompted if you are worried about the access the app will have to your device. 

In some cases this may mean you cannot use the full functions of that application but it is still your choice to deny these permissions when prompted. 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.