account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia l1 wont turn on

Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Xperia l1 wont turn on

Phone won't turn on, tried holding the power and volume up ect. Nothing seems to work.

Phones not been dropped or damaged just woke up and it won't turn on, only thing I get is a red flashing light when on charge 

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xperia l1 wont turn on

@x13x

you should connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2-3 hours > try to turn it back on 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

It's been on charge for close to 3 hours now, still not turning on. All I'm getting is a red flashing light in the top left corner

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@x13x

Did you tested different wall chargers and/or cables. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I have the same problem. I wonder if anyone has a solution please.

One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

need help my phone wont turn on I used it this morning for google maps set a route up then put it to one side turn the srceen off then wont out to my van about 2 3 mins later went to start my route and the phone wont turn on and it will not charge it had about 89% batter I have no red light.

I need help please 

Emperor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

@spmcquillin 

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried my suggestions (above)?

Visitor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

IM having same problem, wont boot up, was running fine with 70%+ battery left then when to check time and phone was off. Currently on charge as suggested above with no light indicating charging. Cable and charger are fine as it chargers other phones.

Did manage to get phone to power on once earlier but only got the screen to show yellow verticl lines down screen the goes white the partly showed sony logo, then promtly shut down again.

unable to boot up since