account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Scorch marks

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Scorch marks

The screen on my xperia has developed scorch marks.  Does anyone know why this might be or how I can resolve it?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Scorch marks

@CCRP 

That's most likely a hardware issue, but can you elaborate a bit more?

Also, I'm certain that you are not asking regarding an Xperia 1, which Xperia do you have?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

It's a Sony Xperia L1 and the scorch marks appeared a month or so ago.  But now another one has appeared so there are two, one on each side of the screen.

Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@CCRP 

just moved your post to the correct section of the forum.

As for the issue, do the screen looks yellowish? that's usually stress related and/or water damage, but since it's a hardware issue, it'll be wise to get it inspected with your local support

also, take a screenshot > send it to another phone or computer > do you see the scorched marks? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)