account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Problem with memory

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Problem with memory

Problem with memory
It does not let me configure the sd card as internal memory

Problema con la memoria

No me deja configurar la tarjeta sd como memoria interna 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problem with memory

Hi @JoseBruno, welcome to our community!

The SD card cannot be formatted as an internal storage. The option was removed in Android 6.0 when it was introduced because it impacted software encoding and quality.

You can still use your SD card as portable storage and store photos, videos and music on the SD card, but you can't merge it with the internal storage.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

@JoseBruno 

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

There's nothing wrong with your phone it's an android restriction.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi @JoseBruno, welcome to our community!

The SD card cannot be formatted as an internal storage. The option was removed in Android 6.0 when it was introduced because it impacted software encoding and quality.

You can still use your SD card as portable storage and store photos, videos and music on the SD card, but you can't merge it with the internal storage.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.