account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Cant receive overseas text messages

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cant receive overseas text messages

@Hollish123 

Are the contacts overseas or are you overseas (different country) ?

Are you having issues with SMS or MMS?

Are they using android or iOS devices ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cant receive overseas text messages

Hi @Hollish123, welcome to our forum!

I'm wondering the same as @uliwooly is, are you sending the text messages or are you not receiving them? As the device only receive an incoming text message and it doesn't matter if the sender is overseas or not, I would recommend that you have a look with your operator to see if there are any restrictions on your subscription that makes it not possible for you to send or receive text messages when you are / the sender is overseas.

Let us know how it went!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.