account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Cannot restore backup of Z5 Premium on L1

Rookie
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Cannot restore backup of Z5 Premium on L1

Hi,

I bought an Xperia L1 and wanted to restore contacts from a backup made from my Z5 Premium which I lost.  However, although the L1 can detect the full backups, it does not offer the option to restore those backups as per Restore with L1 Connected.JPG. Secondly, I have other backups which are not visible when the L1 is connected to the computer as per Restore with no Phone Connected.JPG. My most recent contacts are in the more recent files but the L1 doesn't see these backups nor does it offer an option to restore the old backups.Restore with L1 Connected.JPGRestore with no Phone Connected.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot restore backup of Z5 Premium on L1

It won't, it's a backup of a completely different model.

What you need to use is Xperia transfer mobile.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.