account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Blinking Red Light Xperia L1

Learner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Blinking Red Light Xperia L1

I've had my Sony Xperia L1 for over a year. Last night it died, and when I connected it to a power source it didn't recognize it was connected to one (no solid red light). I tried different things such as cleaning out the connecting parts, using a different charger, using a different wall socket, but it still wouldn't charge. I went to sleep hoping it would recognize it during the night and charge. When I woke up, it was blinking a red light continuously, and still not turning on. When I unplug it, the red light stops. Please help! 

11 REPLIES 11
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Blinking Red Light Xperia L1

@Help8

Did you dropped the phone? exposed it to water? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

No, not recently. It's been dropped before, but never exposed to water. It was not dropped anytime before this. I was just trying to charge it. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@Help8

I think that you have to send it in to get inspected. >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

i have the same problem, did you resolve it? And if so how? Tia

One time poster
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

It’s just a charging problem. Most probably caused by a faulty charger or an incorrect amperage on the one you currently use (Xperia l1 uses a 2amp charger).

Rookie
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Hi, no it's not, it's been back twice and each time they've had to change the main circuit board. Spoken to a few independent repair guys I know and apparently it's quite common and they just have to swap the circuit out too. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

You may as well get a new phone because they are so cheap it’s not worth replacing parts on them

One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Same problem, only exposed to rain, dropped only once!

One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Same