account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Apps won't update xperia L1

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Apps won't update xperia L1

My apps will no longer update. Its gives different error codes. I cleared data and cache, I dismounted sd card and then I removed sd card. Still no joy. Only have the phone a few months. Can anyone help. Tia. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Re: Apps won't update xperia L1

@Forrest77 

I'll look more into it but it might be an Android limitation

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

12 REPLIES 12
Do9
Rookie
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Yes I am finding the same problem, none of the apps are updating, I've had my phone over a year now 

Learner
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

App udate issue

Hi, am having issues updating apps that are stored on external sd card. Get an error from app store 963. Only thing that helps is transferring app to intrrnal storage then update and transfer back again. Issue is new after update of software. It is quite annoying to do it like this. Anyone an idea how to resolve this?

Learner
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Same here, especially apps stored on sd card

Emperor
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

@Forrest77  @Remco1  @Do9 

Does your phone has enough free internal storage?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

I put apps on external storage to save internal storage/memory. Everything was working fine, didnt download extra apps, until 2 months ago when I installed an update. Dont know if this was an android or sony update, thought the latter

Emperor
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

@Remco1 

So the apps that you can't update are the apps on the external storage?

Learner
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Thank you for your reply. Yes it does have enough. I think I need to go and buy a better phone. I read that a lot of people have trouble. 

Do9
Rookie
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Where can i find out about external storage 

Learner
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Yes they are. Everything was working fine until a month or so ago. Tried removing sd card but to no avail