account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Annoying Speaking Icon

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Annoying Speaking Icon

Can someone tell me what this annoying icon is,it talks if you turn it blue and touch screen, and how to switch it off,in the picture the one at the side of the hand,Thankyou

DSC_0002.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Annoying Speaking Icon

Looks like a 3rd party chat/messenger app. Just long press it and click either X red to uninstall or pull it to the top to remove it from home screen. 

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@fatbloke666

It seems that you accidentally activated an Accessibility option, I think it's "Select to Speak". Find it in Settings -> Accessibility and turn it off.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thanx Quester,got rid of it about 15 mins after post,manuals these days are complete garbage.

Adept
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I knew it, a 3rd app. Glad you got rid of it. 

You're welcome buddy