account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

will sony xperia Lget the updated to 4.3 or 4.4??????

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 261 of 387
Message 261 of 387

Re: Xperia L 4.3 Update

There isnt any official announcement so far...the leaked document seems ro be true...the only thing that we can do is to wait...
Master
Message 262 of 387
Message 262 of 387

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

You can find the latest available software update information on our product blog.

If want to know more about software roll out process and how it works please see this topic.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 263 of 387
Message 263 of 387

due,june is almost over now and we can't expect the update from sony.just wait for sometime the kitkat 4.4.4 is under stable state with few bugs within a week or two we will get a stock kitkat for our phone .we just have to unlock the bootloader and install a recovery then finally install the rom itself.

Inhabitant
Message 264 of 387
Message 264 of 387

That unofficial KK you're talking about, is still instabile and I don't think we will wait only a month or 2 to receive the final version.
For now, the issues of that unofficial ROM are the GPS and FM Radio support.

I rather wait the official 4.3 from Sony. About the 4.4 from Sony, I'm not so excited about it. Just read the reviews from Xperia Z users and you'll observe that they have problems with the lag (on 4.3 there was no lag). Also, in 4.4, the apps cannot access the SD card. A limitation from Google.
Sony Xperia L owner
Regular
Message 265 of 387
Message 265 of 387

Uploading the unofficial firmware is probably the end of the warranty. I ask again, when will improve mistakes.
Commissioner
Message 266 of 387
Message 266 of 387

2 year old LG Optimus is going to get Kitkat. But 1 year old Sony phones are struggling to get even 4.3 update. What a shame give us kitkat update we need it.Sony awake we need software support also.To get success in mobile phone marketing. I have found that Xperia z compact got 4.4.4 update. That's good. Why not Xperia L to get Kitkat 4.4. Atleast 4.3

Tomacq
Inhabitant
Message 267 of 387
Message 267 of 387

Re: will sony xperia Lget the updated to 4.3 or 4.4??????

Hey sony, now lots n lots of companies are there and even chinese companies are releasing phones with specs same as that of your z2. So in order to stay or maintain your brand value one thing you can do is providing max support which most of the company lacks. If you cant do that as well then you are no way unique and is just one company trying to survive in the already saturated mobile market
Rookie
Message 268 of 387
Message 268 of 387

I"m waiting for XL to 4.3 ;(
Inhabitant
Message 269 of 387
Message 269 of 387

I not but I'd like a bug-fixing minor update. 4.3 brings us nothing new, not even BLE support for smartwatches or Fitbit-like accessories.
Sony Xperia L owner
Commissioner
Message 270 of 387
Message 270 of 387

4.3 brings upgrade for OpenGL ES. Which means graphics upgrade. In 4.2 OpenGL ES is 2.0 while in 4.3 we get OpenGL ES 3.0.It will improve gaming performance. 

Tomacq