account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

will sony xperia Lget the updated to 4.3 or 4.4??????

One time poster
Message 121 of 387
Message 121 of 387

Re: 4.3/4.4 update for xperia L

i think we can get 4.4 update
Adviser
Message 122 of 387
Message 122 of 387

If these 4.3 or 4.4 same as 4.2 i dont want it,cuz too many problems in 4.2. I dont want to face with others. D:

Visitor
Message 123 of 387
Message 123 of 387

problems?like what?

Adviser
Message 124 of 387
Message 124 of 387

@anuj_394 wrote:

problems?like what?

Just read the forum, the 4.2 contains too many bugs...

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-L/A-post-for-confirmed-bugs-only-in-the-4-2-2-update/m-p/439193...

One time poster
Message 125 of 387
Message 125 of 387

Re: Android 4.4 update for Xperia L

this is the message i have got from sony care about kit kat update..

"Reagrding your inquiry about updating the Xperia L to kitkat 4.4, we can advise that currently there has been no confirmation as to whether this particular handset will receive this update. In any case, you may want to keep checking our website which is linked below to keep you informed off when or if this update becomes available for your particular handset." 

Visitor
Message 126 of 387
Message 126 of 387

Re: Xperia L Android 4.3 update confirmed

I updated my phone to 4.2.2 and have problems in storage transfer data to sd card not working.help what i should to do

Adept
Message 127 of 387
Message 127 of 387

about update

does this phone update to kitkat version ??

Talent
Message 128 of 387
Message 128 of 387

Re: about update

AS of now the latest official version available is JB4.2.

Sony has neither denied nor admitted the possibility of bringing 4.4kitkat to xperia L.

However, Rumours have suggested that Xperia L will get the 4.4 update in mid 2014 ( in the second wave of batch that gets 4.4 ).

Fingers crossed. Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Talent
Message 129 of 387
Message 129 of 387

WHAT THE!!! SONY!!!!

I saw the upgrade plans on Xperia Care website and saw that Xperia SP,T,TX,V will be able to make it to Android 4.3 and even 4.4 most probably as aome of those show "under investigation". This is ridiculous as no plans for Xperia L and C,M,M dual. They care about updating last year's midrange phones but not this year's. What the is this? The Xperia L is barely 6 months old and is having more than capable hardware. So why not proper upgrades. Sony sure has disappointed many customers by this. Although Sony couldn't post confirmed details about Xperia L updates shouldn't it have at least kept it "under investigation" to atleast assure customers that a update will be coming, but no Sony didn't. This is not done with a new midrange phone.. Sony.

Enthusiast
Message 130 of 387
Message 130 of 387

Re: WHAT THE!!! SONY!!!!

I posted 2 messages yesterday about this and they were deleted!! But yeah, looks like
4.2 is the end of the road for L. Even Samsung can boast better updates than sony
and they are considered poor. If the next update for XL is a very good stable fix for the numerous
bugs, I'll be buying another phone pronto. In fairness, T, TX, V and SP have better specs
than L and they took forever to update T and V from 4.1 to 4.3. A mid range phone is never going to be
supported very well.