account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

can't send sms use packet data

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

can't send sms use packet data

When I send sms to the number their shown "Could not sent"..for example I sent sms Advance to 28882..When i press send their sent back that write "Could not sent"..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Re: can't send sms use packet data ( getting error as Could not send)

Make sure that the SMS center number is correct. Go to messaging > menu button > settings > SMS center number. Control that the number is correct with your network provider. 

Otherwise I suggest that you try with another SIM card in your phone. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Demigod
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: can't send sms use packet data

Hi there,

What if you try:

Settings>Apps>All>Message app(or any other app you use for that purpose) and then clear data/cache>force stop + restart your phone.

Cheers.

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.  A. t. G. (356BC - 323BC)

Master
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Can you send SMS to any other numbers or do you get the same error message? 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Adept
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Yes..a Month later..there a one permissin that pop out..on my Xperia screen..that wtite "this app may take your packet data".I choose to click "don't show this again"and On the button I Choose "Don't allow"..until now I try to Subcribe to celcom service but their sms "Could Not send"
One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Hey Jason,

I had a similar issue!

Issue sorted by selecting premium sending option in settings > Apps > All > Messaging

Scroll down and you will see a permissions section and there you can select always for send preminum SMS option.

Adept
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Can't upload photo to Facebook

I wanted to upload photo but when finish uploading to 100%.. Their say Your photo Couldn't upload.Please can I get any solution for this?..
Adept
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Which one?..
Emperor
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

it seems that you have issues with your data plan 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. Recently bought Xperia L. While sending sms, some times(50%) getting error as Could not send. I tried all the above directions. but still gettiing the error. Its irritating. 

Kindly help. 

Thanks in advance

Master
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Make sure that the SMS center number is correct. Go to messaging > menu button > settings > SMS center number. Control that the number is correct with your network provider. 

Otherwise I suggest that you try with another SIM card in your phone. 

sony_logo126x24.gif

View solution in original post