account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia L Storage

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 38
Message 21 of 38

How to move app data from internal memory to external memory card

Sir,

I have purchased a new Sony xperia l. I want to move app data from internal storage to external storage because internal memory is too short. I can download only 2 games(greater than 1.2gb) .

So, plzs help me out from this problem.... and tell me how to move app data from internal storage to external ........ This will help me lot .... 

thanking you 

navneet bhargava

Learner
Message 22 of 38
Message 22 of 38

Re: Xperia L Storage

Hello people !!
Regarding data storage options, there are 'two' major problems-
1)'Transfer data to SD card' is force closing the Settings; which is a 'software debug' in the latest android update. I've read somewhere that people are worried whether that option is removed in latest update which definitely cannot be the case as it is a basic option.
2) All the smartphones launched from November '12 have an option to install apps directly to SD card by selecting 'Preferred install location' as SD card.(Pls-Even cheap phones from companies like Xolo provide that option from last november)
Now, the xperia people who are stating that 'All the xperia phones have that default option where there is no way to install apps directly to SD' ,I would like to bring to ur kind knowledge that your 'Xperia C' has that option to install apps directly to SD card, right??
So why is that xperia L which was lauched jst months before xperia C doesn't have that option, even when other smartphones launched before L were having it??
Now the question remains,
When will b the next bugfree update ?? &
When will sony provide that option to install apps to SD similar to 'Xperia C' in 'Xperia L' ??
(Pls support if u have the same expectations from xperia)

dgm
Talent
Message 23 of 38
Message 23 of 38

yes man your right, I too have seen xperia c allows installation of files to sd
One time poster
Message 24 of 38
Message 24 of 38

Не работают некоторые приложения

При открытии приложения Subwey surf телефон зависает и приходится перезагружать его. Так же еще с некоторыми тяжелыми приложениями. Пытался сбросить все настройки до заводских, не помогло. Приложения так и не работают. Что делать не знаю.

Emperor
Message 25 of 38
Message 25 of 38

Re: Не работают некоторые приложения

This is an English only forum

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

dgm
Talent
Message 26 of 38
Message 26 of 38

Re: Не работают некоторые приложения

transfer app to phone memory
tp
Adviser
Message 27 of 38
Message 27 of 38

but some apps wont work when moved to internal storage from device memory

Message 28 of 38
Message 28 of 38

Re: How to move apps to sd card? can someone explain it with the help of screen shots

You cannot move apps to sdcard,no sony device can do that for now.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 29 of 38
Message 29 of 38

Can't move apps to sd card

I have a Sony 16GB micro sd card

My phone recognises the sd card but everytime I try to transfer to it through settings / storage / transfer data I get an error message

'unfortunately settings has stopped working'

I bought this sd card as it is recommended for android phone so whu isnt it working!!

Commissioner
Message 30 of 38
Message 30 of 38

Re: Can't move apps to sd card

@melis7799 wrote:

I have a Sony 16GB micro sd card

My phone recognises the sd card but everytime I try to transfer to it through settings / storage / transfer data I get an error message

'unfortunately settings has stopped working'

I bought this sd card as it is recommended for android phone so whu isnt it working!!

It's bug of 15.3.A.0.26 firmware. Update your device with latest firmware 15.3.A.1.12 through SUS or PCC (PC Companion)

If I help you in any way hit the Kudos  Kudos 2.JPG and / or mark the correct answerSolution.JPG