account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia L Storage

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 38
Message 1 of 38

Xperia L Storage

I want to know that can i move Apps to SD card in xperia l.because it can move to internal but i want to know can it move to SD card too ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master
Message 2 of 38
Message 2 of 38

Re: Xperia L Storage

It is not possible to save apps on the SD card as standard in the Xperia L. You can move from the phone memory to the internal storage.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

37 REPLIES 37
Master
Message 2 of 38
Message 2 of 38

It is not possible to save apps on the SD card as standard in the Xperia L. You can move from the phone memory to the internal storage.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 38
Message 3 of 38

plz tell me can apps be moved to external SD card in Xperia L
Demigod
Message 4 of 38
Message 4 of 38

You can't move apps to SD card

You can do it only rooting your phone. It will void your warranty and could brick your phone

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are satisfied with a response don't forget to give Kudos
One time poster
Message 5 of 38
Message 5 of 38

Plz provide an update to move apps to sd
Regular
Message 6 of 38
Message 6 of 38

can't move apps to SD card

Hellow,

I can't move my installed apps (which are moveable) to SD card on my Xperia L. For that my Internal memory goes full after installing just 2 high end games like NFS Shift & FIFA 12 (1.8+1.8 GB). Why not SONY solving this type of problem. If it is impossible to move apps to SD card than what's the beninifit of giving internal memory slot max 32,64, or.....

Please answer me.

Shanawaz
Emperor
Message 7 of 38
Message 7 of 38

Re: can't move apps to SD card

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Memory-in-Android-devices/m-p/348064/highlight/true#M8

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 8 of 38
Message 8 of 38

Can't transfer data to SD-card

Hi,

i cannot transfer any of my apps or music files or pictures to my SD card (sandisk 16gb).it always show tranfer failed.when i try to transfer through my laptop to the SD card the file just copies and then automatically deletes when i disconnect the the phone from laptop.

the main problem i am facing is i am not able to transfer anything to SD card.please help phone memory is full.

Topic edited by Rickard

Forum Legend
Message 9 of 38
Message 9 of 38

Re: urgent cannot transfer

Hi, from my understanding, the moving of apps to SD feature is gone in the latest Android version.

Don't forget to mark correct answer as Accepted Solution.
If you find the post helpful, press Kudos.

Commissioner
Message 10 of 38
Message 10 of 38

Re: urgent cannot transfer

@priyankshah1110 wrote:

Hi,

i cannot transfer any of my apps or music files or pictures to my SD card (sandisk 16gb).it always show tranfer failed.when i try to transfer through my laptop to the SD card the file just copies and then automatically deletes when i disconnect the the phone from laptop.

the main problem i am facing is i am not able to transfer anything to SD card.please help phone memory is full.

sounds like sd card issue you having. remove sd card from phone insert into SD card reader or SD adapter. format your sd card then try to transfer your data with pc again.

If I help you in any way hit the Kudos  Kudos 2.JPG and / or mark the correct answerSolution.JPG