account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia L Does not RING ??

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Sony Xperia L Does not RING ??

Hi all ,

I have got sony xperia L one month back and from 1st week only my phone doesnot ring when i get incoming calls. Say like i have not recieved a call from last half an hour and now i call it just beeps once, if next second i will call it will not beep even and will remain silent and on third try it will ring out perfectly. Notification ring works totally fine.

Have tried reset , latest update did not work out . Can it be due to any app or its a hardware issue ?? If hardware will sony replace  ??

I am frustated with a smartphone that just doesnot ring and i miss all my calls .

Please HELP OUT of IT !!!

16 REPLIES 16
Learner
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Sony Xperia L Does not RING ??

bro like you i am also facing this problem with my xperia L, my phone only 4 days old Slightly frowning Face..

what we have to do??..

One time poster
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

hey imran ,

u r from which city ? i m in chennai and these sony people are making me run all over the city for service centre .M new to city and not able to find service centre till now . If possible for u can u visit service centre and can let me know too what those ppl say.?

Thank u !!

Learner
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

bro i am from ALIGARH ,tomorrow i'll go to the sony service centre and tell you what did they say to me about this problem..

bro u said that you got your xperia L 1 month back so why this problem occurs now in your phone, i got this phone only 4 days ago and see i am also facing this problem..

Master
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

Sorry to hear about your problem.

I suggest that you try to repair the phone software using the program PC Companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

Also you can try with another SIM card to see if you notice any difference.

If the problem persists you should have your phone examined by a service center. Please contact your local support for more information:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Visitor
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

did you guys try to use volume up, i also face the same problem with my mum phone  solve it by turn on volume. maybe u guys forgot to off silent mode just like my mom. even u guys make loud ringtone but if you setting is silent u still wont hear a calling sound from phone

p/s If the volume is no sound it will change to silent mode,

One time poster
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

Hi Alex,

I also faced more or less same issue. My xperial L is not even one month old. From today morning, sound is not working normally like when there is a call, I am not able to hear sound. When I am listening to music, sound is not coming. But, when I am connecting headphone, then everything is normal as ususal.

Please help.

Learner
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Uninstall Whatsapp or nimbuzz,sumtime dese 2 apps z responsible 4 dis prblm..or update ur phone using SUS not PCC ok..

Visitor
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

Hi man,

I have tried this b4, the phone just ring about 1 second and then no sound when calls come in.

After many trials and investigation, I found out that one of the "screen off" app is causing the problem, I uninstall the app and the problem got solved. So, I suspect that it is one of your app that caused this problem.

Don't listen to Sony's advise that ask you to reset / repair the phone, this is their "answer" but never solve any problem...  if you really reset the phone, try to install one app at a time, then test the incoming call issue to pin point which app is causing the problem.

yo
One time poster
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Same here bro...

What did u do to resolve this problem please share with so that I could get rid out of this problem.