account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New Firmware 15.3.A.1.17

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 159 of 197
Message 159 of 197

Re: New Firmware 15.3.A.1.17

Guys .. bad news again!

we are not getting any 4.3/4.4 upgrade from sony!

I sent them a very long mail telling them all the bugs present in this device and giving links to the support forum itself so that they too can see what issues we all are facing .. This is what i got in reply! :

PS : They are screenshots divided into diffrent images.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BTn9MWi.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pjgRVew.jpg[/IMG]

Ofcorse I was furious from this and I replied to them with a proper detailed comparison b/w Xperia M and Xperia L ... comparing everything from chipset to display also telling them that repairing through pc companion or via sus is useless ...and proved it that in pricing as well as in specs .. xperia L is better than M... and we should get atleast 4.3 update!

this was there reply :

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rwaAtS8.jpg[/IMG]

Now its been 4 days and I haven't recieved any call... I sent them another mail providing my contact no. and asking them to reply soon ... but this whole thing clearly shows that sony is not answerable right now that why the **bleep** are we still stuck on 4.2 even after paying more bucks and xperia M is running 4.3!!!

I also request you all to send all your problems regarding xperia l on this official mail id of sony so that atleast they realise how many people are suffering and provide us the update!

UPDATE : I got a call from the senior executives ...and guess what .. we aren't getting any updates!

The reason he gave me was that we can only provide limited no. of updates for xperia L... and when i asked him why is xperia M running 4.3 and we are not eligible for the same... he told me its the fault of developer team and only they decide which handset should be given which update.. I told them to provide me with developer team's contact no. and he told that they can't be contacted! Only my request can be fowarded! Now they have given me waiting time for a week ... but he was consistently saying that there is no hope for future updates :'(

Mail :  questions.in@support.sonymobile.com

Inhabitant
Message 160 of 197
Message 160 of 197

so may i go .17 or stay in .14 which is best

Regular
Message 161 of 197
Message 161 of 197

DEAR SIR/MADAM

I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH MY MOBILE PHONE WICH IS AN XPERIA L.

THE PROXIMITY SENSOR STAYS ON WHEN I FINISH MAKING PHONE CALLS.

IS ANYBODY ELLSE RIOPRTED THIS PROBLEM?

IS THERE ANY SOLUTION TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM?

THE SOFVARE ON MY FPONE IS THE 15.3.A.1.17 VERSION.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

BEST REGARDS

Enthusiast
Message 162 of 197
Message 162 of 197

Try to call a number, make sure it won't be picked up. Block the proximity sensor and the display would turn off, remove it so that the display turns back on and end the call. That should turn off the proximity sensor. 

Regular
Message 163 of 197
Message 163 of 197

I have this problem (proximity bug) when I use the headset (with bluetooth).

Commissioner
Message 164 of 197
Message 164 of 197

I hate sony
Enthusiast
Message 165 of 197
Message 165 of 197

I recently update my phone & I personally experience 2 bug
1st on incoming call doesn't show call time
2nd camera getted much time to click & flash doesn't do their work miss calibration.
still searching bug.
Adept
Message 166 of 197
Message 166 of 197

My wife is happily using Huawei Ascend P7 instead of Xperia L.

No more Sony.

@Essharnouby

The only to way to show Sony your "hate" and make them realise their mistake is to buy phone from another maker.

Because only place they do feel anything is their wallets. 

Basically it is the same pattern with every phone maker i am afraid - only premium models get reasonable support.

Midrange and low-end phones get very little.

Inhabitant
Message 167 of 197
Message 167 of 197

But on other brands there is not so irritating bugs which is not resolved by developers. This is patent of SoRRy - you get only sorry and no more.

Visitor
Message 168 of 197
Message 168 of 197

Yes I h have got this. On. 25th may
I m from rajasthan