account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Forgot password for my Xperia L C2104.How am I supposed to hard reset my phone?

Visitor
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Forgot password for my Xperia L C2104.How am I supposed to hard reset my phone?

I changed my pattern password last afternoon and now I dont remember it

Even I dont have wifi connected to it

How am I supposed to unlock my phone?

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Forgot password for my Xperia L C2104.How am I supposed to hard reset my phone?

Visitor
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

Re: Forgot password for my Xperia L C2104.How am I supposed to hard reset my phone?

I dont have account on MyXperia

I will have to reset my phone

but I am not able to do so

Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

You may need to perform a software repair using PC Companion.The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery.

Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device).

Open PC companion->support zone->phone/tablet software update->repair my phone/tablet blue highlighted.Follow the steps given,do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable. If PC companion does not start the repair process, you might need to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 7 (in some cases XP).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

I tried doing that too but pc companion cant detect a phone when its locked and I dont remember my password 

also that volume press and power button press thing isnt working on my xperia

Emperor
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

Run PCC, turn off your phone, follow the steps to repair your phone. Also you could use android device manager.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

After connecting my phone to pc it automatically turns on

also PCC wont detect any phone and hence wont repair the phone

Emperor
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

Your computer is looking for the drivers, disable any Antivirus and firewalls.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

Crying Face not helping!!

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

You should try with Android Device Manager

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager