account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Enter key does not work in my sony xperia L

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

Enter key does not work in my sony xperia L

Hello,

I am not update to use enter key  (↵), either in email nor in messages. Please help... This  problem occur after my first update of software. Earlier it was working fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Re: Enter key does not work in my sony xperia L

Settings-app-all-xperia keyboard,clear data,restart the phone.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Settings-app-all-xperia keyboard,clear data,restart the phone.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

It works perfectly fine now thank you Slightly smiling Face

Spoiler
Remote
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

You are welcome.

Learner
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

Xperia L - Jellybean 4.2.2 (15.3.A.0.26, 15.3.A.1.12, 15.3.A.1.14). While selecting other options in Xepria Keyboard ->Text Input Settings -> Word Suggestions, the Return / Enter key works fine. But the Return / Enter key functionality in the option: 'I don't want any help when writing, not even suggestions', does not work at all. Factory reset did not solve it. Also Settings-app-all-xperia keyboard,clear data,restart the phone solution did not work either.

Any ideas.....!!

One time poster
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

Enter key does not work in xperia full keyboard when word suggestions are turned off

I agree with you Akhanb even it works with Phonepad keyboard, it's not workin for Full keyboard. While its in potrait-phonepad mode the enter key works fine. Once landscape full keyboard come, new line isn't working.

Rookie
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

I just bought xperia l yesterday, I think all fine. after the firmware update the phone firmware to a previous firmware 15.3.A.1.14 after 15.0.A.2.17 phone, the enter key on the keyboard xperia does not work if I turn off word suggestion, SONY please help me.
I really like this phone,
the latter for SONY whether xperia L Kitkat and get updates when?

thank you sony, and please do not disappoint us as users of Xperia...

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

Go to settings-apps-all-keyboard-clear apps data and then restart tour phone...it should be fixed...
Visitor
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

thanks for your reply.

I've tried it.

setting-apps-all-xperia keyboard-clear data and restart

but the problem was still not resolved.
if I use "word suggestions" can enter button works, but when I disable "word suggestions" enter button return does not work.
whether it includes a firmware bug problem 15.3.A.1.14?
please help me !
thank you.

Rookie
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

xperia keyboard

Hi sony, how to update my xperia keyboard on my xperia L, it was problem since i updated to jelly bean 4.2.2 (15.3.A.1.14). The xperia keyboard wasn't function normally, the enter key would not work even i use full qwerty keyboard and i turn off word sugesstion, the version of my xperia keyboard is 6.0.A.0.0.9

Please help me sony. I really like this phone.