account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Problem with camera (black screen)

One time poster
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Problem with camera (black screen)

When I switch the camera on, I only see onscreen buttons and the rest of the screen is black. I have the same problem with front and rear camera.

I have the newest fw version,

Can you help me with it?

8 REPLIES 8
Demigod
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Problem with camera (black screen)

Go to Settings, Apps, go to "All." Look for and select "Camera" in the list and select "Clear Data". Try to turn the camera on again and see if it functions properly.

If the problem persists, you can do a repair of the phone software using the Sony PC companion:

Click on this link to get Sony PC companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Start PC companion, start "Support Zone", start "Update phone software" and click on "Repair".

Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know if you are still having this issue.

One time poster
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

The problem returned.

At first "Clear Data" had helped.

But now, I've cleared data, then updated software, but it didn't help now, and I again have black screen...

Demigod
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Did you manage to do a repair? If not, try that.

If problem persists I recommend you to contact your local support for further information

on how to send it in to a repair center for investigation:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

One time poster
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I am having the same problem. I tried downloading pc companion but my phone says it can't open the file.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Same issue on z5
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

I have same problem please help me

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Using xperia x performance, having similar issue, either the Pic dsnt click even though the lens is working, or sometimes the screen comes black. 

Rookie
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9