account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Not enough space in internal memory

Rookie
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: Not enough space in internal memory

Alexdon, how do I 'Root' and what are the implications? I've heard its a type of jailbreak.

Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2013-Xperias/m-p/...

Rooting may void your warranty,some network carriers don't even want to see other firmwares than the one they release.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

Hi all,

I'm having the same problem here. But, worst of all, even after deleting some installed applications, I keep on receiving the error. My phone is a Xperia M Dual (C2004), the internal storage is 2.01GB and there's still 0.93GB free (Apps occupy 843MB). I receive the error even when I try to install a 3MB application! How is that possible?

I tried to root my phone, but I am unable to move applications to my SD Card, so I keep on installing / uninstalling applications.

If I knew about this before, I wouldn't buy this phone.

Regards,

Ricardo Junior

One time poster
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

I have cleared up as much memory as possible but still cannot move apps to my sd card nor can I delete some of sony's and google's useless apps.  Tried following the process of dividing my memory card that is posted somewhere on the sony site but no luck there either.  If my phone is suppose to have 16G where the h e double toothpicks, is it?

One time poster
Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

:'( what to do?? I hv also the same problem.its showing internl memory 2.01 gb.and my set is nt in warranty period. Plz rply...
One time poster
Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

I rooted my Xperia J, and have uninstalled all those apps that you mentioned above. I has made a difference, although it's not that much. 

Inhabitant
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

I have same issue, so.what I do is uninstall updates on the apps i wish to update and then update them, it's the long way around but it allows u to update apps. I find all google related apps n fb app playstore app use a lot of space n by not allowing us to move them to n sd card or internal storage it will always be a problem. Please fix Sony
One time poster
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

I have been experiencing the same problem for a long time and now I ran out of applications I can delete. I even deleted twitter and facebook to create some space for some more important apps such as online banking, but then, what good is a phone if I can't even use twitter? Besides, why do I have to keep deleting things when I know there's already enough space? 

There're some apps you can find online which claim to fix this problem, and some of these apps get some very positive reviews, so they're probably doing the job. Yet I don't want to try them because there's nowhere to go if they mess your phone terribly. 

It's really a shame that Sony hasn't still done anything to fix this problem. 

Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

I was deleting stuff in my external storage when I stumbled across files with a lot of Memory on them I deleted them all to get new apps.. I went to get a new app It will not allow me To download anymore apps it says I have "insufficient space on my device" It also doesn't let Me update anything.. It's says at the top of my screen storage space running low? I contacted Google support and they told me to talk to u guys I think I might have deleted a file to download apps what do I do?..
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

Hi I have a Sony experia m I was in deleting things I stumbled across misc in my storage it seemed to have a lot of files that I thaught I would not need so I delete them all I went to download more apps as I had enough memory to download one I think I might have deleted a file to download things..Can anyone help me?