account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

unable to update to JB using PC companion

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

unable to update to JB using PC companion

Hello,

I have been trying toupdate my Xperia Ion to Jelly Bean from ICS for a long time. A new version of JB for Ion is there on Sony mobile India official site. But whenever I connect my phone with PC Companion and update, it says your phone is uptodate. Can someone please help mehowtoupdate my phone.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: unable to update to JB using PC companion

We're now rolling out the Jelly Bean update for Sony Xperia Ion.

It may not be available for all countries/operators yet but try updating using PC Companion/Update service.

Availability and rollout timing will vary by market and customer variants

For further questions regarding Jelly Bean update for your specific market I recommend you to contact your local support:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

We're now rolling out the Jelly Bean update for Sony Xperia Ion.

It may not be available for all countries/operators yet but try updating using PC Companion/Update service.

Availability and rollout timing will vary by market and customer variants

For further questions regarding Jelly Bean update for your specific market I recommend you to contact your local support:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

One time poster
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Dear henke

i think it is better to you to see the particular country website before giving this type of stereo phonic answers because since 8 days sony india site is telling that in our region ion is having jellybean update but not really available through pc companion.it is the main bluffing of sony and you are also supporting the same bluffing with out knowing the facts.i think if you are a sony employee please go through the website and give us correct answer.if no update is available please try to remove that indian ion users are having update from sony site why because in india i think no operator specific model of ion was available.

Emperor
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

@malladi post the source link

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

screenshot 1.jpgscreenshot 2.jpgscreenshot 3.jpg

Emperor
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

I don't quite understand the problem or the issue, its quite clear

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-ion-lt28i/

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-ion-lt28h/

Latest available software

You may already have the latest software, depending on the date of purchase. Software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device.

Android version: Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)

Latest available software: 6.2.B.0.211

Release started: 2013-06-25

To find your device’s current software version:
Settings > About phone > Build number / version

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

that's what we are telling since 8 days why sony is bluffing,i think you can understand our issue now,if possible guide sony

Emperor
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

let me try to understand, the update its finally out somewhere in the world but that does not mean its globally available, just like any other update it has to go through an approval process and then you will get the update.

One time poster
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

then sony should not display about this update for india.it is quite clear that after getting approval only they can post on the website.if not why they updated this indian site which we belongs to are having update.may be to bluff us or to save skin from this type of queeries from other parts of the world.sir lastly i can say i have given proof from sony india site only

Adviser
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Dear Henke,

Jelly Bean update for Xperia Ion is available in India.

Please have a look at the link below

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-ion-lt28i/

Even after installing Java patch, Sony update centre, I am unable to update my phone to JB from ICS. Please let me know if there is any other alternate way of doing it.

Thank you