account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

sony xperia ion restarts when the gps

Message 71 of 75
Message 71 of 75

Re: sony xperia ion restarts when the gps

you delete all of the text and copy and paste what the previous poster wrote, but don't waste your time. it doesnt work

Rookie
Message 72 of 75
Message 72 of 75

Sorry to hear is not working for you, it worked for me, my gps is working since I did that, you have to root your ion and edit your gps.conf file, just delete all the text in it and paste the text that is in my post, changing the servers to those of your region, I used  superSU and ES File Explorer to do that, hope it works for you.

One time poster
Message 73 of 75
Message 73 of 75

Thank's that fix the problem.  Here for a lon time without Sony updates (Argh !!)

A bit complicated to root and change file; cony should purpose the solution on site.

Visitor
Message 74 of 75
Message 74 of 75

hello,

i rooted my device.

how can i find the lines that need change?

One time poster
Message 75 of 75
Message 75 of 75

Hello. I have tried both @soulcrawler and @Mezozoy methods and while both successfully kept my GPS working and seem like viable options. Neither resolved the rebooting issue. My phone reboots after about a minute of accessing GPS. I have rooted, gotten rid of excess apps, changed the gps.config file twice and still having the same problem. I may have to except hardware failure at this point but if anyone else has any ideas please let me know?