account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

sony xperia ion restarts when the gps

Apprentice
Message 1 of 75
Message 1 of 75

sony xperia ion restarts when the gps

In general, such a problem ... gps enabled and is not run applications that use it all right, but once you launch any application that tries to determine the location of 30 seconds after the screen goes out and goes to the phone restarts ... anyone any ideas?

74 REPLIES 74
Master
Message 2 of 75
Message 2 of 75

Re: sony xperia ion restarts when the gps

I suggest that you try to repair the phone software using PC Companion..

Before repairing your device you may want to backup your information first. Check out this topic for more information on how to.
How to backup?

If the issue should still remain I think that this needs to be examined and fixed at a repair center. For more information about how to submit your phone for repair and where, contact your local support team.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 75
Message 3 of 75

Re: sony xperia ion restarts when the gps becomes active

I've got the same problem. Sony Xperia Ion LT28h, Android 4.1.2, Build # 6.2.B.0.211, in use from Nov. 2012. Recently noticed that using of GPS leads to self reboot without any comments. Tried to repair the system with the help of PC Companion with no effect. Battery is fair. Temperature - normal. Any hints?

Apprentice
Message 4 of 75
Message 4 of 75

Re: sony xperia ion restarts when the gps becomes active

Hi, i have the same problem Slightly smiling Face i hope they will fix it soon.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 75
Message 5 of 75

decided to check out .... the phone reboots with the included GPS, even in safe mode(((
Emperor
Message 6 of 75
Message 6 of 75

@Gennadiy27

have you repaired the phone as suggested by @Samuel ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 7 of 75
Message 7 of 75

any news??

Emperor
Message 8 of 75
Message 8 of 75

You know there won't be any further updates on the Xperia Ion right?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 9 of 75
Message 9 of 75

It is clear ... but the error does not appear just like that, let them think how to fix

Emperor
Message 10 of 75
Message 10 of 75

@Gennadiy27

I don't understand your comment, there won't be anymore updates for this phone, your options are limited

1. repair with PCC

if that doesn't work then 

2. contact your local Xperia care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/