account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

My battery gauge is tricking me?

Forum Legend
Message 51 of 85
Message 51 of 85

Re: My battery gauge is tricking me?

ak13994

Please check this thread http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/td-p/320375

Regular
Message 52 of 85
Message 52 of 85

Hello,

I used to guide above. First hard resetted the phone and then reinstalled through PC Compaion (reseted the whole phone) and still my battery keep randomly dropping.

Any thoughts..? It is quite annoying problem.

Forum Legend
Message 53 of 85
Message 53 of 85

Hello Markqq

This problem is universal and causes troubles across all android phones and google hasn't corrected it yet.

I can only say you to follow precautions given in the the battery thread. Remove charge as soon as your phone reaches 100% .

Rookie
Message 54 of 85
Message 54 of 85

So I did this..

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/m-p/320375/thre...

and so far so good. Battery is showing 79% after 7hrs usage - which is an enormous improvement on the problems I was having.

I just have to wait and see if the battery will run down normally, and not shut down suddenly to 0% at any random point (like it had been, at 50 or 40 or 30 percent for example).

I have just one question: the advice in this thread to avoid this problem occurring or re-occurring, is to remove from charge once it hits 100%. I use the Sony wireless charging dock which doubles up nicely as a night clock, so I cannot be checking and removing this when it hits 100% - it defeats the purpose of the wireless charging dock.

It there a dock-specific setting or app from Sony that will shut off wireless charging when charged to 100%. If it's causing a problem as big as that mentioned above, then I think there should be!

thanks.

Rookie
Message 55 of 85
Message 55 of 85

Screenshot_2014-10-08-14-36-22.png

BUT, it was too good to be true. Battery went from 50% to 22% in a matter of minutes and then phone shut down, battery was dead... see above.

Rookie
Message 56 of 85
Message 56 of 85

Battery problem Z1

I have had a battery problem for last week or so where the percentage would drop rapdily and anywhere after 50% the battery could shut down (0%) at any time.

I tried upgrading Android (from 4.2.2 to 4.4.4), I tried fixing the phone with the Support Centre options in PC Companion, but nothing worked.

Then I came across this article yesterday:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/m-p/320375/thre...

Perfect, it worked! Or so it seems. I got over 9 hours battery and was on 50%, everything was going great when suddenly the percentage dropped to 22% and then 0% and shut down. How disappointing it was.

See battery graph below.

Screenshot_2014-10-08-14-36-22.png

Regular
Message 57 of 85
Message 57 of 85

Interesting fact that wifi or mobile data kills the battery..

I see some people having the problem as phone shuts down randomly, like something just unload or kills the battery, but I don't have this kind of problem.

Lets say if I charge to 100%, it will go down step by step.. It might be 50% after 5min of using or not, it is just random, but whenever it goes down to 1%, my phone will not shut down. Once I had the phone up for 2 days with 1% battery.

So it seems like my battery is working normally, it does not randomly unload itself.

But it's just being total random by showing it wrong, being 1% most of the time even though there is still battery left.. It is annoying because I have no idea when it's going to shut down.

Nothing seem to help to solve the problem so I might just live with it for now Thinking Face

Forum Legend
Message 58 of 85
Message 58 of 85

Wow davek. Now thats an instant drop in battery but that problem is different from the one with "abnormal percentage"

I believe some app caused that drop. Next time when you have the same thing, take screenshot of all the apps in the list and also of the chart that you posted above.

soj
Apprentice
Message 59 of 85
Message 59 of 85

My xperia m2 dual volume unexpectedly going less mostly time. I am very disappointed. Pls fix sony with next update.
Commissioner
Message 60 of 85
Message 60 of 85

Hi, I also have the same problem in a=battery drop, sometimes the phone's (Z2) battery is normal, then all of a sudden in drains like crazy! Just an hour ago it dropped from 38 to 34% in Standby mode all of a sudden. This always happens atleast once a day, but then it's back to normal.. It occurs randomly, is this normal? And btw how much battery time can you get when watching f.e. YouTube for 5 hours..? Thank u