account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

My battery gauge is tricking me?

One time poster
Message 1 of 85
Message 1 of 85

My battery gauge is tricking me?

Okay, here's the thing. I bought my Xperia ion about 3 months ago, and so far it has been great; except for one thing. It happened a few times before, and I let it go, but I'm not having any of it anymore. The phone gives me a low battery notification at around 43-41% of battery or a little less.

The first time it happened, I thought the battery was actually drained. I put the phone on charge, but then the battery precentage it shows on the top corner of the lock screen was 40%. It happened again but I was on a trip on top of a mountain. So basically, I couldn't take photos for the second half of the trip, and so many memories would've been lost if it weren't for my friend's Note II.

After that one time, I suppose the battery was actually completely drained during the time spent from when it shut off till I went home. The phone stopped doing it for a while after that, and I remember one time it reached 12% without giving me the 0% battery notification. But two days ago, it happened again. Also, just now, it almost shut down at 43% and now I put it on charge.

I love Sony's phones and I always have. This one has been really amazing so far, the camera, the screen, the sound, everything is pure quality, but I'd love for them to last a bit longer. I really hope someone could help.

Thank you.

84 REPLIES 84
One time poster
Message 2 of 85
Message 2 of 85

Re: My battery gauge is tricking me?

i have the same problem ..every one who has an ion is having this battery issue ...and nothing seems to fix it Slightly frowning Face

Adviser
Message 3 of 85
Message 3 of 85

Hi, I feel you are having the same issues....I found this thread and applied the solution...although I'm still waiting for the result...I thought this might help you too...Slightly smiling Face

go through it...

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/61765?start=0&tstart=0

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 85
Message 4 of 85

I decided to make this thread after reading yours

Have a look

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/128862

Adviser
Message 5 of 85
Message 5 of 85

I just did what you suggested...I found a considerable amount of battery drop in my ION, hopefully that solves.....Slightly smiling Face

I knew that keeping my charger on, even after full charge, is always harmfull, so had installed 'battery full notification' previously. Even though..Anguished Face!!

Anyway, I will observe the changes and update here, tomorrow.

Thanks Nabeel.

Adviser
Message 6 of 85
Message 6 of 85

Hello Nabeel........

Solved.....Solved....Solved......!!Slightly smiling Face

yesterday I watched the battery drop to every point after point...I plugged in to recharge after 6%

There was no suden battery drop!!

Thanks againSlightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 7 of 85
Message 7 of 85

I seem to have a problem that the Kernel wakelock "Data5" is keeping my phone from sleeping.  I have a Xperia S running ICS.  I cant seem to isolate the App thats causing this.  It causes my phone to drain in 4-5 hours without active use.  When i look at the default Battery Stats, "Android OS" has taken up the majority of the battery.  I isolated the kernel wakelock using BBS.  Any clue what is causing this and how i can prevent this?

Adviser
Message 8 of 85
Message 8 of 85

Did you go through the the posts Nabeel has provided...? You might have your answers there...

Have a look

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/128862

One time poster
Message 9 of 85
Message 9 of 85

Doesnt seem to work.  Tried it.

Forum Legend
Message 10 of 85
Message 10 of 85

sajalsamanta , his problem is different. My thread only shows the solution to abnormal battery % , but not about battery depleting faster or something Slightly smiling Face

So how's your battery % problem now ?  it's working all fine yeah ? Smiling Face with Sunglasses