account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

My battery gauge is tricking me?

Forum Legend
Message 81 of 85
Message 81 of 85

Re: My battery gauge is tricking me?

@Jk21 I replied to your PM Slightly smiling Face .

Yes it's completely safe.

One time poster
Message 82 of 85
Message 82 of 85

Greetings!

My Battery seems to have become heavily discalibrated.

I found the thread at https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/td-p/320375 with suggested fixes, and the simple forced poweroff did not resolve the problem. Before I go on with the "software repair" via Xperia Companion, I want to make sure I know what I'll have to expect...

Am I correct to assume that this will reset system settings, but leave installed apps and their data/settings alone?

Will this keep root, and if not are there any reccomendations on how to reroot afterwards?

thanks,

LordHelmchen

One time poster
Message 83 of 85
Message 83 of 85

Dear, I've followed your guide on https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/td-p/320375 to solve droppings in battery. Amazingly, after force restart, my battery percentage went to 80% from 50%. What may be the issue? screen shot is attached. My phone is Xperia Z1 compact. Screenshot_2017-11-19-10-33-08.png

One time poster
Message 84 of 85
Message 84 of 85

I have the same problem. This problem appears after updating some Google soft from Google App. What can I am do to reso;ve this problem?

Highlighted
Regular
Message 85 of 85
Message 85 of 85

Hi Nabeel.

I still have my xperia z1 compact after 4 years! It has been perfect until recently when the phone has started power-off randomly regardless of battery level.

I followed your "Forced Shutdown" suggestion. My battery was at 34% before/ then 54% after restart.

Problem: you do not say in your thread what to expect. "See if there's any significant drop in % ( 5+ % or more ). Then most probably the problem has been solved."

Question: has the problem been solved if there is no drop/ or does the problem persist if there is a significant increase (my case)?

Thanks for your guidance.