account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Detailed Software Repair Instructions using Pc Companion(Win)or Bridge for MAC. (Update 8/5/2014)

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 71 of 78
Message 71 of 78

Re: Detailed Software Repair Instructions using Pc Companion(Win)or Bridge for MAC. (Update 8/5/2014

I am very thankful to the person behind this thread, i just followed carefully all the steps you provided. It took me 2 days to finish because of my internet connection. But it's all worth it. I can now use again my sony xperia ST27i. Thank you very much! 

I really thought i cannot use this one anymore, my phone is junk for more than a week and still hoping to find solution for this. Thanks to you!

Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 72 of 78
Message 72 of 78

Re: Detailed Software Repair Instructions using Pc Companion(Win)or Bridge for MAC. (Update 8/5/2014

Phone was restarting by himself and was saying that Simcard is not recognized, but didnt has sim lock.. all problems started after automatic software upgrade when phone started to have problems with the simcard.

Now I did as was explained in this post and phone started to work (still very poor WI-FI coverage) but it is saying that there is simlock on it????

Phone was unlocked and now have simlock, even if I would like to remove sim lock I cannot as I dont know to what kind of network it has been locked? can anyone explain how something like this can happen and what can I do to start using my phone again?

Learner
Message 73 of 78
Message 73 of 78

i dont think pc companion works anymore , and xperia companion shows network error so i am stuck with no way to fix my phone.

One time poster
Message 74 of 78
Message 74 of 78

Dear

How do i fix my Xperia M2 the home button and return button not responding but the rest on screen responding very well...

Please help

Learner
Message 75 of 78
Message 75 of 78

hello team, I'm still unable use my mobile after following these steps. As I use to get an error while pressing and holding volume down button and connecting to computer (An error occurred while repairing your device.
Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact Sony support.)

Please help me out to get my device to work.

Thank you.

Message 76 of 78
Message 76 of 78

@Nandhugopal

PC Companion and Bridge are discontinued, you can now use Xperia Companion for repairing your phone. Check a full guide here:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-perform-a-software-repair-with-Xperia-Companion/m-p/110305...

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 77 of 78
Message 77 of 78

Thank you team,

But I'm unable to go futher after 5th step so please suggest wat to do next?

Thank you

One time poster
Message 78 of 78
Message 78 of 78

Re: Detailed Software Repair Instructions using Pc Companion.

A critical update availble so this is not able to repair