account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Detailed Software Repair Instructions using Pc Companion(Win)or Bridge for MAC. (Update 8/5/2014)

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 41 of 78
Message 41 of 78

Re: Detailed Software Repair Instructions using Pc Companion(Win)or Bridge for MAC. (Update 8/5/2014

I follow as your instruction very well! but whenever it's try to find software, it display as;

"Problem: There is no software available for your device.
Details: Sony Update Engine doesn't have software available for your device.

Troubleshooting: please try again later"

I also installed latest version of java on my PC and also change USB settings to the 'mass storage mode'
but still not helpful. Is there other way to succeed the update and fix my Sony device to normal?
right now my sony device have 4.4.2 kitkat version. is it ok? 

Rookie
Message 42 of 78
Message 42 of 78

Re: Detailed Software Repair Instructions using Pc Companion(Win)or Bridge for MAC. (Update 8/5/2014

Please! I am expecting my solution quick as possible my mental condition is in very bad because, i paid lots of money to buy this device thinking it wont be problem so soon but i m geting this kind of problem very soon than i expected.
i cant even use my mobile without charging! this is too much
this sudden death thing is ruining my head please give me a best solution fast

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 43 of 78
Message 43 of 78

I have been saying and saying that sony camera software is bad its so poor that it cannot beat Chinese brands who uses sony sensors the main problem is the software in z z1 z1c and z2 the hardware is top notch

see superior auto is not that intelligent when taking in low light or indoor light it increases the iso and exposure so high the pictures are noisy and grainy plus it has so much poor processing behind it

and in manual mode when setting the iso less eg.at 100 the noise is less but because of poor processing the images dont have details in it

so needs to fix this issue because in every new update is a bad experience with the camera when i bought the phone z1 daylight pictures were good now i am on 4.4.4 i have repaired showed it to service center they repaired the software with their trick but the camera experience more poor on 4.4.4 i see no improvements in any updates

also you might want to see this z2 cannot beat lg g3 and oppo find 7 because z2 is the second best in hardware in this comparison but lg g3 and oppo find 7 has better software they beat z2

http://www.gsmarena.com/camera_shootout-review-1104.php

update:2 now one plus one is better than sony see theirs new camera update how amezing the 13 mp camera is now because of good software provided by cm mod team

http://www.phonearena.com/news/OnePlus-One-gets-Clear-image-camera-feature-in-latest-CyanogenMod-11S...

update 3 : this is the latest xperia z3 compact failed to beat 8mpand 13 mp

fixing the software algorithms and becoming the camera kings will gain peoples trust owners of z z1 z2 z3 will think they have the best camera phone after the fix but for now its disappointing

the reviewers betekt who loves sony phones are shocked with this results

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JO568hd3Dc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPD6ushwpJs&list=UUTj40oI2e4BFTUB3LkY7PQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9C4344czhI&list=UUTj40oI2e4BFTUB3LkY7PQg

if sony fixes this issue removing the poor processing and making the camera software good they could be kings of camera phones so please sony provide us with a good software for camera

We need fix the issue, I mean send us new software for camera, see this:
IPhone 6 with 8MP vs Xperia z3 with 20.7MP
http://youtu.be/n_Kt-Cd_K6s
One time poster
Message 44 of 78
Message 44 of 78

I went through all the step till I got the message the update will start now and it says there'r significant updates in Android 4.. I don't want to upgrade my phone from 2.3.4.. I just need to repair the software so that if there was any missing files in the system it retores it!!!!!!!!!

please help

Inhabitant
Message 45 of 78
Message 45 of 78

can you help me to restore the default rom of xperia sola ICS
cause i installed a custom rom and i want to turn it back on ..
i found a rom of ICS but my phone cannot be repaired to PC companion anymore. 
please can one of you guys can make a rom of xperia sola using flashtool aand PCC and upload it here so i can download and install it so i can repair my xperia sola to PCC again .

Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 46 of 78
Message 46 of 78

Hey, thanks a lot! This explanation was perfect and helped me unlock my Xperia SP. Grinning Face Grinning Face

One time poster
Message 47 of 78
Message 47 of 78

My phone don't Light at all
One time poster
Message 48 of 78
Message 48 of 78

i want install CM 12 on my new z ultra for some time after sony offical lolipop release i want to come nack to org firmware will i be able to install using pc companion

Learner
Message 49 of 78
Message 49 of 78

Sir,

My phone is xperia M (C1904).  I fallowed your instructions and it downloads only 10%. I can't understand why it  hapens. Is any other way to repair my sowftware. Pl help me.

One time poster
Message 50 of 78
Message 50 of 78

Re: Sony Xperia walkman w8 stuck on Sony Logo solutions

Sony Xperia walkman w8 is also same problem that it stuck on sony ericsson logo .......

what to do....

please tell me as soon as possible...