account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Camera Issues

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Camera Issues

My Ion's camera is taking Glazy/Blurry photos for past few days.

I tried updating the software but it didn't help.

When i checked the lens i found that it is having few light scratches on the lens coating.

I like to do much photography and now it has become a serious problem.

How can i solve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Camera Issues

If there are actual scratches on the handset I would have to advise that iy return it so that it may be assessed by an authorised repair agent.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

If there are actual scratches on the handset I would have to advise that iy return it so that it may be assessed by an authorised repair agent.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

sometimes itz due to multitaasking nd excessive usage that camera gets blur and video lags in between just try rebooting ure phone or update ure phone software again ..

Adviser
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi utsavshah,

Sam is right. U need to get to service centre, they will clean the lens and u will be able to get the perfect picture as before..just a half an hour service. Slightly smiling Face

I had the same issue...however now it is solved. Please follow this thread :

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/472332#472332

let us know, how it goes.. Slightly smiling Face

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Actually I waited for the reply for almost 10-12 hours . Then I cleaned the lens myself with my spectacles cleaning cotton.

And its now taking good pics.

But it sounds really bad that the coating gets scratched in couple of months for a high end smartphone like this which has been awarded by RedDot Design award.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Sorry that waiting period Slightly frowning Face...But hey, you did find the solution yourself. Brilliant! Slightly smiling Face:smileyplus:

I agree with you that, even after taking a good care of my phone, I did not find any cause of the scratches...unbelievable. I first had thought that the glass needs to be changed!! Anguished Face Thanks that it had to cleaned onlyDizzy Face