account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

text alignment in xperia home landscape mode

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 1 of 23
Message 1 of 23

text alignment in xperia home landscape mode

i have installed xperia home 8.1.A.0.8 (latest for me, preinstalled with lollipop 5.1.1 so far no update to 8.0.A.1.2) launcher in my Z3, but in landscape mode, there is issue with text alignment (or wrap). text (name of app) is covered by another app´s icon.

sketch-1440994059389.jpg

Screenshot_2015-08-31-06-11-06.png

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 23
Message 15 of 23

Re: text alignment in xperia home landscape mode

The cause for items sometimes missing in Xperia Home has been found and it will be fixed in a future software update for the phone. Thanks for providing us with logs and the video!

Is the text alignment always like that or is it when the search and menu items are missing?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

22 REPLIES 22
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 23
Message 2 of 23

That looks very strange. On your screenshot, it also seems you don't have the search function and menu on the left side. It looks like you're on the home screen but with Google Search turned off but in that case, the page indicator should be at the top and not at the bottom.

I tested this here but this doesn't happen for me in a Z3 on 5.1.1 with Xperia Home 8.1.A.0.8. When you say that you have installed Xperia Home 8.1.A.0.8, do you mean that you have downloaded it from a 3:rd party source or something like that?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 23
Message 3 of 23

No 3rd party app. It was part of 5.1.1 update. I know that xperia home 8.1.A.1.2 (guess I'm write) is latest xperia home update, but it's not available for me via what's new app or settings-about phone-updates so far...

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 23
Message 4 of 23

The latest version of Xperia Home for Z3 is 8.1.A.0.8, it's included in our update to 5.1.1.

I recommend that you try to clear data for Xperia Home under Settings -> Apps -> All and that you then restart your phone but please note that this will reset Xperia Home to default settings.

Besides the text alignment issue you have you are also missing some elements of Xperia Home. On the screenshot you posted you should also have a menu and a magnifying glass at the top left.

Emperor
Message 5 of 23
Message 5 of 23

@mrnino

Try Rickard's suggestion and also boot on safe mode and report back

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 6 of 23
Message 6 of 23

Here's result of xperia home in safe mode with cleared all data and cache of xperia home app. https://youtu.be/dbZa8e1jVUc

As you can see it worked fine but only for few seconds. After lunching camera it just disappeared... So what now? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 23
Message 7 of 23

I'm sorry for the late reply.

I have not been able to replicate this issue yet. Do you still see this in your phone?

Commissioner
Message 8 of 23
Message 8 of 23

it happens from time to time, really dont know why. then i have to restart the phone and it works fine for few days and then it starts happening again...

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 23
Message 9 of 23

Sorry to hear that you still see the issue.

Would it be possible for you to try to capture a log from your phone if it happens again and share this with me?

To do this:

Settings > About phone > Build number, tap 7 times on the build number

Go back and select Developer options and turn on "USB debugging"

The next time it happens, Settings > Developer options, select "Take bug report". When the report is ready share it to Google Drive and then send me a PM with a link and i will forward it internally for investigation.

Commissioner
Message 10 of 23
Message 10 of 23

Okey