account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

"System UI has stopped" error after Xperia Home update

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

"System UI has stopped" error after Xperia Home update

My Xperia Z2 (Turkey) got an Xperia Home update via What's New app. First things first: I LOVE all versions of the Home interfaces, including this new 10.2.A.2.80 version. But since the upgrade, my phone started to keep crashing and freezing with an error message that says " Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." I can not do anything but open the lock button menu, shut down, restart and go to the safe mode. Therefore I'm unable to give you a screenshot or a bug report because all I can do is restarting the phone when this happens. And when I restart the phone, my home wallpaper goes dark, which really pisses me off because this happened 20 or 30 times since the last Home upgrade.

ps: I will repair it on PC Companion as soon as I backup all my files. I just wanted to let you know that there is a problem about the last Home update (I wish to take a bug report).

1 REPLY 1
One time poster
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: "System UI has stopped" error after Xperia Home update

Since a few weeks my Xperia Z3 Compact has the same problem. It occurs EVERY day around (not exactly) 12:00 GMT+1. The only thing I can do is restart the phone and reset the background.

What's the problem here?!