account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

phone keeps asking what home to use

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

phone keeps asking what home to use

Everytime i press home button, a message prompts asking what to use, either xperia home or simple home. I tick always but it keeps promoting,what i just did is a factory reset then this is what it happened. I tried it on safe mode and it works normally, any help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Re: phone keeps asking what home to use

You may need to perform a software repair using PC Companion.The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 60% battery.

Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device).

Open PC companion->support zone->phone/tablet software update->repair my phone/tablet blue highlighted.Follow the steps given,do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable. If PC companion does not start the repair process, you might need to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 7 (in some cases XP).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Do you have any antivirus, launchers etc?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

are you using your phone without a SIM card? have you disable any app? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

just simple home and xperia home, i have sim card in, i didnt disabled any aop
Emperor
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

there you go, you have to set one home launcher as default, otherwise you will keep getting that pop up. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

That is my problem, here is what i did.

i reset app preferences, then i press home, i selected the xperia home then tick always.

Then the succeeding pressing of home it still keeps on prompting and it appears like this. Screenshot_2015-04-29-21-35-00.png

i cant tick the xperia home anymore but if i tick always or just once i proceed on my xperia home, but it keeps happening everytime if press home, either i select always or just once, still.same result, i even tried the buzz launcher but no chance Slightly frowning Face please help me

Adviser
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

i already found an alternative solution, but i know it isnt a fix, i did force stop on buzz launcher and the simple home. But i hope there is a better fix for it.
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Remove buzz launcher,I asked if you have other lanchers but you didn't say anything about that. See how it goes.

Adviser
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

i did install the buzz launcher after i found the problem.
Adviser
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

So, i did remove buzz, still nothing happened keeps happening still, force closing simple home only solves the problem